Saturday, February 26, 2011

Down Under 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon

Mike Says: "Down Under" probably should have stayed from whence it came. Wherever it came from, it brought a watery taste with a kind of bitter finish with it. The label features a koala bear. Perhaps a hint at one of the ingredients? The venerable pop music group Men at Work warn that when dealing with anything from a land down under, you better run, you better take cover. I can't say I disagree with the Men at Work. Take cover from this wine.

Kristina Says: For once, I disagree with Mike. Although at first this wine seemed tart and watery at the same time, by the time Mike finished writing his review I was on to glass #2, which seemed to have opened up a bit, and was less unpleasantly sour. I contend that "Down Under" is a wine like a Vegemite Sandwich - an acquired taste. Also, it benefits greatly from being consumed while watching the music video for "Land Down Under" by Men at Work. At $6.99, I think I might be tempted to buy this bottle again, though it wouldn't be my first choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment